Role: Technical Writing Instructor/Instructional Designer (2007–present)
Need: BCIT’s Department of Communications relies on instructors with industry expertise and still active in the field, so it was my 15 years of experience as a technical writer that brought me into their technical writing courses. In addition, while there I also attained the Provincial Instructional Design Diploma in Adult Education designation to ensure my teaching ability is the best possible.
Classroom experience as core instructor for the Technical Writing Certification Program.
- Employing learning objectives and ADDIE model to develop courseware.
- Analysing learner needs, designing lesson plans, developing learning assessments and evaluation tools according to criteria and rubrics.
- Implementing blended learning (instructor-led training (ILT) and computer-based training (CBT)), and evaluating effectiveness of learning against learning objectives and
Courses taught: Technical Writing Style, Technical Editing and Grammar, Writing for the Web, Business Communications.
- Learning Hub (online learning management system)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…)
- Adobe Acrobat